We’re the (second) best podcast of 2019!
Time Magazine likes us:
You might think you know everything about Tonya Harding or O.J. Simpson, but as journalists Michael Hobbes and Sarah Marshall re-examine these and other stories from surprising new angles—like the perspective of Paula Barbieri, Simpson’s girlfriend at the time of his trial—they prove even the most well-known figures have unplumbed depths. While they never sacrifice accuracy for the sake of fun, their breezy tone keeps even the heaviest of topics engaging.
It’s been a big year!
Here’s a recap of where we’ve appeared on the internet in 2019:
- We talked to our friend Mark about making this show!
- New York Magazine liked our show
- The New York Times mentioned us in their newsletter
- The Columbia Journalism review wrote an article about us (kinda)
- Sarah talked with Buzzfeed about Lorena Bobbitt
- Mike and Sarah told the Seattle Review of Books what they’re reading
- Mike was on the Connected and Disaffected podcast talking about the housing crisis