We’re the (second) best podcast of 2019!
Time Magazine likes us:
You might think you know everything about Tonya Harding or O.J. Simpson, but as journalists Michael Hobbes and Sarah Marshall re-examine these and other stories from surprising new angles—like the perspective of Paula Barbieri, Simpson’s girlfriend at the time of his trial—they prove even the most well-known figures have unplumbed depths. While they never sacrifice accuracy for the sake of fun, their breezy tone keeps even the heaviest of topics engaging.
Sarah talks Black Friday
Ana Marie Cox had Sarah on her show With Friends Like These to talk about “the only American holiday spookier than Halloween, Black Friday.”
It’s been a big year!
Here’s a recap of where we’ve appeared on the internet in 2019:
- We talked to our friend Mark about making this show!
- New York Magazine liked our show
- The New York Times mentioned us in their newsletter
- The Columbia Journalism review wrote an article about us (kinda)
- Sarah talked with Buzzfeed about Lorena Bobbitt
- Mike and Sarah told the Seattle Review of Books what they’re reading
- Mike was on the Connected and Disaffected podcast talking about the housing crisis